£19,500 + excellent benefits
over 1 year ago
My client is the market leader within its field and is currently looking to expand their Service Desk team by employing individuals with an excellent customer service attitude and a good level of IT skills.
The role is to provide 1st line telephone support to external customers from within the education sector, including software support on a bespoke system alongside technical support on Microsoft products and general hardware issues.
This position presents a superb opportunity for a structured career in a first-line Service Desk/IT support as there is ongoing training and personal development enabling career progression.
- Work as a member of the 1st line response team to log calls in the MS Dynamics CRM system and update contacts made to the Service Desk
- Taking ownership of issues and maintain regular customer contact
- Communicate with customers demonstrating high levels of professionalism
- Provide support on a range of software and technical issues via phone, email and remote access tools.
- Investigate, capture and record quality data.
- Attempt resolution or escalate to specialist support teams
- Work to standard operating procedures and instructions
- Work to Service Level Agreements and specified targets and objectives
- Follow data compliance processes and procedures
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English
- Good standard of education and competent IT skills/technical skills
- Confident user of Microsoft Office products - Windows, Word and Excel
- Ability to ask clear and precise questions to ascertain the exact details of their problem
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to work on own or as part of a team
- Able to keep up to date with the latest technological advances
- A good approach to problem-solving
- Good communication and presentation skills
- The ability to empathise with customers at all levels
- The ability to build up a good rapport with customers at all levels
- Punctual, flexible and adaptable
- Good timekeeping
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- A 'can do' attitude
- Excellent telephone manner
- DBS checks will be required
- Previous Support/Helpdesk/Service Desk or Call Centre experience
- Previous experience working in customer support or education environment
- Experience of online service products including applications
- Experience of working in an ITIL compliant environment
Call us today for an informal chat to find out more about this exciting role or send us your CV for review. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our experienced team and we do not use automated screening tools. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this opportunity.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency regarding this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.