£22,000 + exc bens
about 1 year ago
Would you like to work as a 1st Line Service Desk Analyst for an established business that has been averaging great year on year growth, has excellent staff retention rates and offers a challenging and rewarding environment to work in?
My client is a Managed Service Provider already well on its way to becoming the largest and most influential technology partner for small to medium sized businesses in the South East. True innovators and influencers, they have a global voice and the reach to influence technology trends through their networks and partners.
This is a business that is set to keep growing and it needs talented individuals with both a passion for business technology and a completely customer centric approach to complement its expanding team
- Delivery of 1st line remote support services to contracted and non-contracted customers
- Triaging incidents and service requests that are logged by all customers, either by phone, email, live chat or portal
- Ensuring all incidents and service requests are logged into ITSM package
- Ensuring all SLA obligations are met in delivery of above services
- Ensuring any incidents or service requests that cannot be fulfilled in a timely manner are escalated to appropriate team/s (see latest guidelines)
- Implementation and / or fulfilment of remote service requests and installations when required
- Recommendations of relevant improvements, new technical procedures, products or services to line management
- A broad technical knowledge of a range of business infrastructure and networks is paramount.
- This will allow delivery of a typical “1st line” helpdesk position working at a high pace and comparatively low level technical difficulty. The ability to make sound decisions based on technical knowledge to facilitate “triaging” is also a requirement. Necessity for proven experience in these areas can be further expanded on as follows:
- Knowledge to instill confidence in a customer as a first point of contact to the support desk.
- Ability to resolve typical 1st line queries such as (but not limited to):
- Password resets / user account administration
- Desktop / PC related issues
- Basic server or network troubleshooting
- Basic Office 365 administration
- Basic knowledge of industry on premise infrastructure, desktop, server, datacentre, compute, storage, networking, connectivity, virtualisation and security solutions.
- Basic knowledge of industry cloud technology, Office 365, Azure, Private Cloud
- Ability to engage with more technical engineers convincingly.
- Awareness and interest of current and future technologies
- A level / AS level in Information Technology (or similar) OR BTEC National Diploma / Higher National Diploma in Information Technology (or similar) OR CompTIA A+ / N+ OR Microsoft specific qualifications (MCP / MCSE)
- ITIL foundation (beneficial)
- Customer service related qualifications (beneficial)
- If you have excellent communication and customer service skills and are able to manage your own time and work to tight service level agreements, this is definitely the role for you – the most important thing is the ability to make the customer feel special and if you care about that, then we would really like to connect with you.
To find about more about this role, call Keith Wilkins today for an informal chat or send through your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.