to £32,000 + bens
over 1 year ago
My client is an established Managed Service Provider looking to expand its technical support team with a further enthusiastic 2nd Level IT Support Analyst within its main business activities of IT support, system design, telecoms and Internet connectivity as well as fully managed IT services for a growing client base.
If you have excellent communication and customer service skills and enjoying using your 2nd line technical support skills to solve users’ problems, this is definitely the role for you – the most important thing is the ability to make the customer feel special and if you care about that, then we would really like to connect with you.
Scope of the role:
- Provide solid IT services for serviced customers, including improving reliability, availability, security and performance for their IT infrastructure and application landscape
- Act as a key member of the technical support team, using excellent customer service and problem-solving skills to work at all levels of the support spectrum
- Use your strong and broad ranging technical background in a hands-on role
- Work on both project and BAU work, against deadlines and to Service Level Agreements
- Would suit someone wanting to develop the technical skills and progress through the support functions
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems with limited information or documentation.
- Have the ability to setup a basic network with multiple VLAN’s, virtualised servers and client devices
- A strong understand of account security, system protection and secure network design
- A knowledge of different types of hardware including printers, mobile devices, servers and network equipment with the ability to troubleshoot issues remotely
- Strong knowledge of Windows server (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange experience
- Knowledge of networking technologies including VLAN’s, routing protocols, VPN’s, firewalls, DHCP, DNS and switch configuration
- Experience and understanding of backup solutions including day-to-day management
- The ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload including support cases
- Office 365 and Azure experience including exchange online setup, SharePoint data structure
- Logical and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Administration of VMware and Hyper-V platforms
- Experience in provisioning VOIP devices
- PowerShell knowledge especially around Office 365 and Azure
- Clustering and High Availability
- Server virtualization
- Vulnerability and malware threat prevention
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent network qualification
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL
- Website coding and troubleshooting
- Linux skills
- Knowledge of MAC OSX
If this role interests you and you think it addresses a lot of your career aspirations, then you really should have a chat with us to hear more. Our client is looking for passion, ambition and the willingness to ‘step-up’ by using your analytical approach to problem solving to deliver technical solutions for clients, whilst always maintaining high levels of customer service. To find about more about this role, call Keith Wilkins today for an informal chat or send through your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.