£18,000 - £22,000/annum + Benefits
7 months ago
Our Client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of financial reporting, audit, taxation, and data analysis software to the professional accountant. They are a growing, organisation supporting customers of all sizes, from FTSE 100 companies to local accounting firms.
We are looking for a Customer Support Technician to join their team of support analysts to assist the corporate and professional customer base with a wide range of software queries and product advice.
Due to the changing landscape for employment, they have been revising their working practices to embrace the ability of staff to work from home. This position has the flexibility to be office based (Kent) or home-based and as such, they are happy to consider candidates resident ANYWHERE in the UK.
Home-based appointments will require candidates to have a dedicated workspace and good internet connectivity in order to provide a professional support facility.
For candidates who will be home-based, the company will supply the appropriate IT equipment for the role, such as a PC, display monitors, voice headset, etc.
In return, they are offering a competitive base salary plus a comprehensive benefits package with a company that is continuing to grow in the software marketplace.
- Frontline customer support, logging all details received via phone and email of cases handled directly in the service management system.
- Analyse and diagnose software problems or faults over the phone, by webchat, by remote access or by email.
- Taking customers through a series of “How do I” actions, through various communication channels.
- For all enquiries that cannot be directly resolved, escalate to 2nd line support and resolver groups.
- Handle any complaints and enquiries efficiently and professionally.
- Proactively assist users in making effective use of the software available to them.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Update self-help documents so customers/other team members can try to fix problems themselves.
- Work collaboratively with team members to share knowledge.
- Be open-minded and inquisitive when approaching unfamiliar support requests.
- Able to plan and organise own work in a rapidly changing and technical environment.
- Record system enhancements request in the internal bug registers.
- To ensure that a good level of understanding and knowledge of our organisation’s products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately.
- To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
- To communicate courteously with all customers, building positive relationships and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- To deal appropriately with incoming queries and provide written or oral responses to confirm the information or outcome.
- To work together with other departments within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency, and profitability.
- Such other general and administrative duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Candidates will be articulate, with an excellent telephone manner, good keyboard skills and the ability to communicate at all levels through a variety of channels.
Any previous experience of supporting Accounting products (Sage, Xero or CaseWare will be advantageous) and strong IT skills would be expected.
Core skills required are.
- The ability to build customer rapport and communicate effectively
- An attention to detail and accuracy
- The energy and enthusiasm to maintain a high volume of inbound cases
- To be willing to listen to and support colleagues as part of a team
This is a Monday to Friday role proving cover between the hours of 09:00 to 17:30.
Full training will be provided to develop your understanding of the corporate product and you will be joining a team where collaboration and creativity are actively encouraged in order to develop your skills and improve team performance.
You will become fully conversant with the corporate range of software, its use and implementation in a range of professional and corporate environments. Continual training and development are actively encouraged and supported to help individuals develop your professional knowledge and funding is provided for professional development as appropriate to your role and qualifications.
If you are available and looking for a customer support opportunity and being part of a great team AND working from home then please send me your CV ASAP for review and tell me why you would be ideal for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency for this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - We do not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case, please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.