£45,000 - £50,000/annum + remote work + excellent bens
about 2 months ago
My client is the UK’s market leader, its products supporting and promoting learning and education with a range of web and mobile products designed to empower users within the educational environment.
Recent exciting changes within the business have led to the need for an experienced Web Analyst who will support their cross-functional product delivery team. Working with Agile delivery teams, the successful candidate will define and implement how usage data is captured, stored and extracted; analysing data and helping the team iterate and improve the cloud-based products. The Web Analyst will also mentor the delivery teams in adopting data analysis techniques to build a degree of self-sufficiency.
This is an incredibly well-rounded role, offering challenges and rewards throughout the lifecycle with the initial focus on shaping one or several Cloud-based modules being developed to complement the on-prem product and working with the Agile delivery teams to embed appropriate tools and methods for data analysis, developing an overarching data analysis approach to be applied to future developments on the MIS or elsewhere in the business portfolio
Requirements and responsibilities:
· Understand business and product strategy and propose different approaches that use data to inform business decisions
· Understand how to analyse datasets
· Understand the data landscape, including the variety, volume, velocity and veracity of data
· Perform data analysis and manipulation of large complex data sets
· Write queries and optimise the performance of database queries
· At least 2 years of experience as a web analyst
· At least 1 year of experience working with an online business with a large complex website or a complex SaaS application
· Experience in communicating insights in a user-friendly way, including the use of data-visualisation tools
· Experience in selecting and deploying web analytics software and tagging to ensure tracking accuracy and consistency
· Experience in setting up and maintaining web analytic reports
· Advanced Google Analytics or a similar web analytics tool (traffic, audience, engagement, behaviour, tracking and conversion funnel)
· Demonstrate experience of A/B and multi-variant testing
· Experience of BI development tools e.g., Power BI or some understanding of SQL would be advantageous.
· Open-minded, willing to challenge, and take ownership of initiatives within the team, comfortable working collaboratively in a team
· Experience in working in a modern Agile software delivery practice (desirable)
To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.