to £27,000 + excellent bens/pension
5 months ago
My client is looking for a lover of all things internet to join its Staffordshire based team in a Developer role (SFIA level 4) supporting the ICT team to deliver a range of operational and project based tasks.
Key to my client’s day to day relations and interactions with all its external customers and internal users is its emerging digital and change programme. At the heart of this is ensuring that the various systems are both functional and user friendly and offer robust methods of capturing and collating the data provided by customers and internal users.
The successful candidate will understand the need for digital technology to manage peoples’ expectations and maximise user satisfaction by enabling chosen tasks to be completed easily.
This exciting role calls for the following:
- Excellent customer service skills, with a real understanding of the customer’s perspective
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Good understanding of web usability
- An enquiring mind
- Good research skills and the ability to absorb and implement new information
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Enjoy solving problems
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of a user-centric website
- Designing and building online web forms for effective and efficient data capture using Form Builder Tools
- Liaising with internal departments, including the Customer Service team, to understand requests for new web forms and integrations with other internal and external systems.
- Updating existing web forms where necessary
- Ensuring forms are integrated with CRM systems
- Checking spelling, grammar and plain English of web content and ensuring website publishing guidelines followed.
- Optimising user satisfaction by enabling users to complete tasks in the easiest way possible.
- Monitoring user errors and error-frequency
- Working on ad-hoc development projects within the organisation, under the guidance of the ICT Manager
- Website content management systems – e.g. Jadu, Drupal, Joomla etc.
- Creation and management of website content
- Web form building tools and software
- Tools and techniques for integrating systems – e.g. SOAP or APIs
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Although this is not an out-and-out Developer role, there is the potential for the post holder to learn wider Developer skills and gain valuable experience within the field. Should you display initiative and potential, there is a great deal of opportunity available.What my client needs is a web-savvy individual, who truly cares about website usability experience, has basic development skills, with the ability to learn much more and the desire to expand their skill base. You could be at any point in your career, whether at the beginning and seeking to progress; having re-trained and keen to use your new skills; or an ‘old hand’ willing to learn new tricks.
If you are looking for your next role and this is you, don’t hesitate to contact Karyn Wilkins today – even if it’s just for an informal chat. Or send your CV in for review at the earliest opportunity.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role