30 days ago
My Hampshire based client is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to backfill for existing staff who are skilling up for cloud technologies. The role calls for strong BAU support skills delivering the support, maintenance and ongoing operability of the IT systems and server infrastructure (not networking).
We are looking for an innovative and creative individual, bringing positive energy and a commitment to delivering an outstanding level of customer service.
- Configure IT systems, servers and IT infrastructure
- Maintain, support and review technical systems
- Develop, install and test technical systems
- Maintain assurance of system and data backups
- Resolve incidents and requests according to SLAs
- Investigate problems and identify and implement solutions
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation
- Advise on the correct and effective use of systems software
- Ensure performance and availability of systems and infrastructure meet the needs of the business.
- Capacity planning
- Implement changes in line with the change management process
- Operational knowledge of core infrastructure systems such as virtualisation (VMWare), backup, Active Directory, Storage Area Networks, Windows Server and Server Hardware
- File and Application Servers
- IT security systems such as AV
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Virtualisation/Thin Client Technologies
- Backup technologies
- Storage Technologies
- IT monitoring systems
- Cloud Technologies
- Managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Negotiating value for money
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Identifying and solving complex problems
- Implementing and following best practice.
- Implementing, configuring and supporting IT system and server infrastructure in line with best practice
- Improving the performance and availability of IT system and server infrastructure
- Configuring and optimising use of Hardware and Software
- Documenting technical environments
- Broad working knowledge of IT systems and servers
The role will involve occasional evening/weekend work.
This is an initial 6 month contract. For further information and an initial discussion please call Keith Wilkins today or send your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role