£28-£35,000 + benefits
about 1 month ago
Do you get bored with the same requests hitting your in-box and do you find that business-as-usual IT support tasks are becoming all too mundane?Then you are probably ready to take your technical support career to the next level and work directly with clients on larger projects, installations and implementations.
My client is an established and expanding Managed Service Provider looking for an IT Installation Engineer to join the Service Delivery team
The role is responsible for onsite service and support needs for external customers - developing and managing technology projects, managing the cost, time, and scope constraints. This relates to all technology, including end user devices, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Basically – does the following sound like you?Do you have a high level of IT understanding and always deliver exceptional results and are you ready to move from Service Desk to Project work?
· Office 365
· Laptop builds and/or MS Autopilot
· Local Area Network topology and VLAN
· Network Layer 2 and 3 switches preferably Cisco and Ubiquiti
· Firewalls preferably Watchguard
· Microsoft Voice Call Queues and Auto Attendants
· Video conferencing installations
· Consulting and preparing proposals for clients on new installations
· Organise and manage project phases
· Provide of appropriate hardware and software
· Identify and mitigate risks
· Deliver projects successfully through to production
· Perform customer follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level
· IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, as well as virtual environments
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies
· Implement and Support of disaster recovery solutions
· Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls
You will be a great team player and someone who makes things happen – always asking yourself how you can ensure something is achieved. Calling for effective communication skills, the role will play to all your strengths of customer service, innovation, and adaptability.
· Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, Windows Server, Active Directory
· Experience with Server hardware RAID rebuilds and restores
· Understanding of WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, switches, VLANs, firewalls, and security
· Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Azure, Virtual Servers, NSG, Virtual Networks and Storage Accounts
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDP, and Remote Desktop Control
· Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver.
· A full driving license
There is a wide range of company benefits, and this is a Monday to Friday role. If you have two years + experience in IT engineering / IT Support and are based in and around Edinburgh, then please call us to hear more or send your CV for review.
We are acting as an employment agency for this role. Please note that every application received is reviewed personally by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing/Service Desk Resourcing (SDR) is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.