£16.50-£17.50 per hour
10 months ago
My client is looking for an experienced 2nd Line support professional to join its existing team on an initial 3 month contract providing technical support over the phone, via email and face to face. The team supports desktop devices and software.
If you would like a role which will allow you to utilise your existing support skills, learn new skills, be a proactive team member and manage your own call queue, then we would like to hear from you.
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations
- Conduct hardware and software testing
- Update the IT asset management system
- Provide assistance and resolve problems in a professional manner
- Contribute to the investigation of problems and faults
- Provide advice on the use of applications
- Handle calls that come into the Service Desk via telephone, email and walk-ins.
- Undertake hardware repairs on PCs, laptops and printers
- Create and update documentation as required
- Supporting remote users
Required technical skills/knowledge:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- Hardware and software installation, repair and/or support
- Application Support
- Desktop Support – 1st & 2nd line
- Windows Administration
- Report writing and record keeping
- Systems Administration
- Configuration Management
- Problem Management
- Basic knowledge of Networking principles
- Providing fit for purpose customer solutions
- Influencing positive outcomes by using your excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Identifying and solving complex problems
- Producing and executing credible and feasible plans and solutions
- Implementing and following best practice.
- Delivering exceptional service in a customer facing role
- Delivering outcomes in a high pressure environment
If you are a committed service desk professional with exceptional support and customer service skills, we would love to hear from you. Call Keith Wilkins and he can tell you all about this exciting contract role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role