£33,000 + OT + benefits
9 days ago
Deciding on whether a job is right for you is a HUGE decision, so let’s make this easier for you. Are you an IT Support Engineer who wants to work for a business that:
- has been growing year on year since it was established and has won awards for being a great employer and service provider;
- work with clients who truly invest in their technology
- gives all employees an individual training budget and personal progression plan and a dedicated internal trainer;
- never limits your access to systems, so you'll never again have to pass over a ticket you know you are capable of handling;
- offers an annual pay review;
- has promoted the majority of its current staff from within;
- has offices in Central London, Kent, Dublin New York and Hong Kong;
- has a team of 30+ engineers + excellent back office staff;
- holds regular ‘ask the MD’ sessions;
- offers you the opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies;
- provides opportunities for international travel to up to 17 countries;
- has a truly supportive, inclusive team that works hard and plays hard?
Our client is an exceptional multi site IT managed service provider with a highly successful and professional team of support engineers and analysts supporting prestigious clients on a global basis, primarily within the financial services industry. As well as its Kent based HQ, there are offices in London, Dublin, New York and Hong Kong.
The business has achieved impressive organic growth since being established and is looking for a talented 2nd Line Support Engineer to join the team to help sustain that growth and expansion.
If you are completely passionate about your work and enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of implementation projects, you may have found your new role and the rare opportunity to join a team who are as “committed to the cause” as you are.
- working with prestigious financial clients
- responding to user requests/escalations
- providing remote support for clients throughout the world
- providing ‘white glove’ onsite support for users and VIPs in London and Kent
escalated desktop support issues
- troubleshooting and configuring switches, routers, firewalls, SANs and LANs, Exchange, Windows OS, VMware and vShpere servers and VOIP phones.
- escalate calls to 3rd line engineers where appropriate
- providing support and advice to junior members of staff
To qualify for this brilliant role, you will need to have worked onsite for a minimum three years providing deskside support, as well as having experience with Exchange 2007 – 2013 and/or Office 365 and Windows Servers 2008 – 2016. You will also be very comfortable supporting switches, firewalls and other networking equipment.
If you want to be the best – you have to work with the best and learn from the best. This role is exactly the opportunity to do that.
The role is based within Central London but will also involve travel to my client's Kent based HQ on a regular basis, for which ALL travel is expensed via a company debit card given to each engineer.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role