£24-26,500 + excellent bens
about 1 year ago
My client is a global leader for research and education in technology and management, offering superb opportunities for Service Desk Analysts, joining the technical service desk team providing internal support and advice on a wide range of complex IT services
Key to this role is the ability to use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deliver superb levels of customer service. The successful candidate will be a skilled problem solver and find reward in helping users resolve their issues. There is an excellent career structure and reward package available including an attractive remuneration structure and benefits.
This is busy desk with c 3,000 calls/emails/walk ups per month. Given the broad and complex nature of the IT environment the role will require dealing with a wide range of differing problems and solutions, so no two days are the same and would suit a candidate keen to avoid the mundane!
- Supporting PCs (Windows and Linux), mobile devices, desktop telephony, hardware, web/video conferencing, and user access problems.
- Diagnose and resolve complex IT issues and requests, including technical support for BYOD environment
- Liaising with internal and external departments to provide incident resolution.
- Logging and managing all calls – working to SLAs, escalation where required and keeping the customer informed
- Building laptops / PCs
- Assisting with the implementation and testing of changes to the desktop environment.
- Contributing to the Knowledge Base and knowledge transfer
- Analysing customer requirements, diagnosing problems, recommending the most appropriate course of action to customers and applying technical fixes or undertaking more technical investigations.
- Plan and prioritise own work activities to ensure service objectives and targets are met.
- Provide the customer with appropriate advice/resolution.
- Arrange and schedule visits to customers when necessary
- Attend specific project meetings to represent the Service Desk
- To understand the impact of technology within the organisation and to advise users on options available in order to meet their (technical) needs
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a technical support environment
- Significant experience in a customer service role.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Passion for delivering a high quality customer service experience and ongoing service development
- Able to work own initiative and work without supervision
- Manage conflicting priorities
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and proven communication skills
- Proactive team player with an enthusiasm for problem solving, planning and prioritising a complex and varied workload.
- Possess the confidence to deal with difficult situations, capable of engaging and building rapport
Good to have but not essential…
- Professional qualifications such as SDI Analyst or ITIL Foundation
- ITIL knowledge
- Experience with using Service Management systems to record and track call history
If you are an experienced technical support professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a thorough, methodical and flexible approach, then we need to talk! For further information and an initial discussion please call Keith Wilkins today or send your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role