£31,000 + benefits
about 2 months ago
My client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to fulfil a fixed term contract based in Thurrock, Essex. This role is customer facing and requires excellent good interpersonal skills, good user empathy and active listening skills
- An extensive knowledge in all Cisco Networking technologies including Routing, Switching, Wireless LAN, Voice and Security solutions.
- Excel in VMWare virtualisation infrastructure.
- Have Sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory for services integration
- Capable of administering Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 Service/Active Directory.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY :
- Meet service request and escalation SLAs
- Update all incidents to provide good data for Incident and Problem Management
- Plan specific network / server infrastructure installations, maintenance and upgrades
- Develop, test and improve the performance of the IT Service Continuity, disaster recovery systems and processes and ensure adherence to the processes developed.
- Advise IT Strategy and Projects on improving Network Security
- Manage the provision of appropriate intrusion detection and prevention systems to identify and prevent ongoing and developing threats to the availability and performance of the Network Infrastructure.
- Develop and enforce the Network Security Policy.
- Define best practices and protocol in network system development and design.
- Ensure the provision of hardware / software to identify performance issues and improve the design and configuration of the Network infrastructure, and to manage the resolution of any network issues
- To manage the provision of network services - to consult with the Senior Technical Specialist Manager on the design of any significant extension to, or modification to LAN/WAN systems and ensure it is fit for business needs; liaising with external contractors on the implementation (as to timescales, to budget and specification) of all extensions to, or modifications of the LAN/WAN; the maintenance (including preventative maintenance where appropriate), repair and upgrading of all LAN/WAN equipment;
- Plan, develop, implement, document and review procedures and processes to improve ‘third level’ technical functionality. and store in an easily accessible central repository.
- Keep the IT hardware asset register up to date with all network devices.
- Provide senior technical support for the systems as a 3rd line escalation point.
- Knowledge of delivering services in an ITIL V2/V3 service environment
- Cisco Network switching
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity
- Cisco IP UCCX
- Cisco Wireless
- Security and Management (Cisco ASA, IPS, CX & Anyconnect, RSA Security)
- WAN routing
- VMWare Vsphere
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Active Directory management/administration/maintenance
- Significant experience of remote administration.
- VMware experience
- SAN Technologies
- Server Backup & Restore Technologies
To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.