£24,800-£27,900 + WFH + excellent pension
8 months ago
My client’s ICT team is at the very heart of its business operations and plays a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of all services to a large and varied user base.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The role is to assist the ICT team in managing projects, creating task lists for other team members to complete and reporting on all stages of the project life cycle. There is a need to remove project work away from BAU activities this role has been created to manage that project pipeline effectively and efficiently, delivering to time and budget.
As we move away from lockdown there will be a number of exciting changes and developments within the environment, presenting an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to join the team and truly make their mark in the local government environment
The Project Manager role calls for a multi-faceted individual who will:
- Have demonstrable project management experience and a proven background driving projects to successful completion
- Develop formal Project Plans and Project Initiation Documentation
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and co-ordination skills
- Be able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Have strong stakeholder management experience and skills to work diverse teams
- Manage all projects separate to BAU activities, including picking up failing projects
- Have a formal project management qualification e.g. Prince2
- Requirements definition and management
- Knowledge management
- Continuity management
- Provides advice and guidance to support adoption of methods and tools and adherence to policies and standards.
- Change management
- Quality assurance
- Supplier management.
- Relationship management
- Business process improvement
- Business process testing
- Information security
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Ability to translate solutions into business terms and communicate to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of IT Project and Programme Management, IT Lifecycle, ITIL processes and IT infrastructure components.
- Experience of in-house/outsourced IT Service delivery/management.
- Experience of operating within a multi-supplier and complex stakeholder management regime.
- Exposure to complex change environments and experience in project integration.
- Evidence of successfully delivering services via appropriate project management methodologies utilising the best of Waterfall and Agile.
- Managing in a large, complex multi-supplier environment
- Managing customer/stakeholder expectations
- A good understanding of Build and Release processes, Configuration Management, Asset Management, Environment Management and Source Control Management.
- Aware of techniques for streamlining business processes
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills with a proven ability to build relationships within a multi-discipline team.
- Proactive, tenacious and pragmatic problem solver.
- Awareness of industry standards for Security, Data Protection and Accessibility and ability to translate into technical requirements.
At least one of the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Industry/discipline-specific qualification (eg Prince2)
- Evidence of continuing professional development within professional field.
- Diploma level qualification in technical field of expertise or equivalent experience
Candidates will have a mix of working from home and occasionally working from the office
To find out more about this challenging and hugely rewarding role, please send your CV to Karyn Wilkins or call her directly on 01634 309834
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and we do not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS IS 20th SEPTEMBER 2020