£32,000 + exc bens
about 2 years ago
2nd Line Support Engineer – Would you like to work for an established business that has been averaging great year on year growth, has excellent staff retention rates and offers a challenging and rewarding environment to work in?
My client is a Managed Service Provider already well on its way to becoming the largest and most influential technology partner for small to medium sized businesses in the South East. True innovators and influencers, they have a global voice and the reach to influence technology trends through their networks and partners.
This is a business that is set to keep growing and it needs talented individuals with both a passion for business technology and a completely customer centric approach to complement its expanding team
- Delivery of 2nd line remote support services to contracted and non-contracted customers
- Ensuring all incidents and service requests are managed through ITSM package
- Ensuring all SLA obligations are met in delivery of above services
- Ensuring any incidents or service requests that cannot be fulfilled in a timely manner are escalated to appropriate team/s (see latest guidelines)
- Implementation and / or fulfilment of remote service requests and installations when required
- Point of escalation, guidance and mentoring for junior staff
- Recommendations of relevant improvements, new technical procedures, products or services to line management
- The ability to work logically and maintain control whilst under pressure and make firm decisions based on common sense and judgement in difficult situations.
- A good working knowledge of all portfolio solutions, services and all round technical knowledge whilst maintaining high levels of customer service and communication.
- All round “good” knowledge of portfolio services and products.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own time and work to tight service metrics.
- Work as part of multi-disciplined teams and collaborate effectively.
- Excellent team work ethic. Work hard, play hard.
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar) and / or
- A level / AS level in Information Technology (or similar) and / or
- BTEC National Diploma / Higher National Diploma in Information Technology (or similar) and / or
- CompTIA N+ and / or
- Microsoft specific qualifications (MCP / MCSE) and / or
- Cisco (CCNA)
- ITIL foundation (desirable)
- Customer service related qualifications (desirable)
- Ability to resolve typical 2nd line queries and escalations such as (but not limited to):
- Complex desktop / PC related issues; Server or network troubleshooting; Office 365 administration
- Good knowledge of industry on premise infrastructure, desktop, server, datacentre, compute, storage, networking, connectivity, virtualisation and security solutions.
- Good knowledge of industry cloud technology, Office 365, Azure, Private Cloud
- Ability to engage with more technical engineers convincingly.
- Regular demonstration of keeping up to date with current and future technologies.
- As a Second Line Support Engineer, you will work hard to put the customer at the centre of everything and resolve the query, incident or service request in the most efficient and effective way. If you can rise to this challenge and are seeking a role with true career development opportunities, then contact us at the earliest opportunity.
To find about more about this role, call Keith Wilkins today for an informal chat or send through your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.