To £34,000 + annual bonus + exceptional benefits
about 1 year ago
My FTSE 100 client is the largest of its type in the UK and prides itself on its reputation of being an excellent employer, with the philosophy of “investing in people, understanding people and building relationships with people is how we can build experiences”.
If you pride yourself on your technical analysis and problem solving skills, love the variety of working on a busy service desk and thrive in a customer service driven environment, then we have exactly the right environment and culture for you to bring your skills and experience.
You will have worked on a technical service desk previously and understand that empathy and patience are as important as technical skills in this environment. The role is based very close to Victoria Station.
- Day-to-day Incident Management and Service Request fulfilment – software, applications and hardware.
- ‘Own’ issues and see through to resolution
- Use service management tools to log and manage tickets queues, keeping users up to date
- Provide ‘How do I?’ support for users
- Provide cover on a ‘walk-up’ support desk when required
- Provide technical guidance to other members of the Team and assist the Tech Service Manager with the day-to-day running of the desk
- Contribute to the continual improvement and updates to the Knowledge Base and support guides
- Additional ad-hoc involvement in miscellaneous project work, working with other tech teams
- Liaise with external suppliers
- Excellent customer service skills with a good telephone manner.
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively prioritise and perform work responsibilities in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Experience of using an IT service management tool in a service desk environment
- Strong understanding of supporting the following technologies:
- Office 365 Suite
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Surface Pro hardware
- Active Directory
- Remote Desktop Services
- Skype Telephony
- Smartphone mobile devices
- Meeting Room AV
- Excellent technical and customer service skills
- Self-motivating, enthusiastic and positive personality, able to work as part of a team or individually and must be comfortable working with customers face to face or remotely.
- Good communication skills
- Strong service-oriented ‘can do’ attitude committed to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workloads without supervision
- Attention to detail, thoroughness in all aspects of work and pride in working to the highest possible standards
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintaining personal effectiveness, efficiency and resilience in challenging situations and a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in compiling and sharing technical knowledge to fellow team members.
- An innovative attitude with the desire to actively contribute towards the continual improvement of the technical environment.
- Familiarity with creating, testing and installing Microsoft desktop software images.
- Knowledge and experience of Remote Access technologies
- SCCM package creation and deployment experience
- Apple device support
If you want to be the best – you have to work with the best and learn from the best. This role is exactly the opportunity to do that. It has never been a better opportunity to join this market leader.
Please send through your cv for review or call Keith Wilkins for an informal chat.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role