to £36,000 + bens
10 months ago
My client is one of the world’s leading educational establishments, with a global reputation for excellence and innovation.
Scope of the role:
- Provide a professional and measureable end-to-end financial helpdesk service for both Internal and External Customers with a focus on customer service and first-time issue resolution.
- Act as first point of contact assisting with the resolution of queries and diagnosis of problems
- Provide support to the Purchasing and Accounts Payable departments
- Play a role in the current ServiceNow implementation
- Provide first line support for staff using financial system including Expenses and Procurement
- Have a working knowledge of Accounts Payable processes with invoice queries
- To process applications to add new suppliers
- To support Internal and External Customers on all matters relating to purchase order and expenses processing
- To monitor outbound purchase orders and ensure any failures are resolved in a timely manner
- To set up and maintain hierarchies (Purchasing and Expenses), approval groups, approval assignments and buyer allocations
- To maintain a database of Procurement and Expenses users and authorities
- To amend cost centres and financial limits for staff and buyers
- To provide advice and guidance on Import/Export
- To operate and use the service desk tool so that all internal and external enquiries are logged and tracked
- To work closely with ICT to test solutions to logged problems
- To participate in the implementation and operation of business wide purchasing and payables arrangements
- Educated to A Level or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Proven experience of working in a purchasing and/or accounts payable help-desk environment
- Experience of supporting financial / accounting systems
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills
- Experience of analysing, recording and presenting information by means of a computer based spreadsheet and/or word-processing package
- Experience of testing computer systems in a controlled environment
- Experience of using ServiceNow software will be beneficial.
- Ability to deal with large customer base
- Computer literate (including Oracle and Microsoft Applications)
This is a superb opportunity to join an outstanding education establishment committed to delivering the very best in all areas. For further information and an initial discussion please call Keith Wilkins today or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team. Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role and does not discriminate on grounds of race, sex, marital status, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this opportunity.