£20-24,000 + excellent benefits, incl 50% home working
8 months ago
6 months +
This busy service desk provides a 1st and 2nd line support service to internal customers via telephone, email and remote sessions. The focus of this technical service desk role is to provide guidance from initial contact through to resolution and closure and support the IT Team Leader in providing timely, accurate records for analytical reporting of the overall performance of the Service Desk.
THIS IS A 6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
- To record all incidents and service requests
- To restore normal service to the internal customer as quickly as possible
- Using initiative to resolve incidents, seeking advice as required in line with departmental policies and procedures
- To monitor and track all incidents, assigning the correct priority to incidents and escalation to the relevant area as priorities change.
- To implement escalation procedures as appropriate
- To achieve maximum personal KPI’s
- To assist the team in achieving the targets set for the department (SLA’s)
- Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rota
- Customer facing; empathise with users, good interpersonal skills, display active listening skills, polite telephone manner, courteous
- Logistical; articulate and methodical, analytical, numerate and literate, work well under pressure, good time management, good team worker, ability to multi-task
- Ability to use internal systems in relation to the role
- Knowledge of Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) telephone system
- Active Directory administration
- ITIL awareness
- Core understanding of Microsoft desktop operating systems and associated applications to deal with 1st and 2nd line user queries/resolutions
- Basic Cisco awareness to allow diagnosis through circuit ID’s
- Experience of remote fixes, via Remote Desktop Viewer, RDP or other terminal services
- Anti-virus/backup/window update checks/reporting
This role is part office based and part home based, and all equipment will be supplied to the successful candidate. The office bases are Thurrock or Colchester, so candidates must be able to commute to one of these sites.
To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.