£34-35,500 + excellent bens, including flexible working
3 months ago
My client is looking for a Service Desk Manager who can expertly manage the three tenets of service desk: the people; the processes; the tools/technology. The successful candidate will be an effective manager who has both a goal to develop a strong and highly effective service desk team and the ability to manage and improve an environment that is undergoing continual upgrades and implementations.
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background combined with excellent customer service experience. You will need a problem-solving attitude and strong motivational skills.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
An attractive mixture of both project work and BAU support, the Service Desk Manager will support and guide the existing IT team – made up of 1st line Service Desk Analysts, Systems Engineers, Apprentices and administration staff - ensuring the smooth running of the service desk, responding to incidents, requests for change, problems and security incidents, plus delivering a range of project tasks and managing the team responsible for delivering cutting edge systems.
The Service Desk Manager role calls for a multi-faceted individual who will:
- Deliver an effective IT Service Desk in line with best practice standards and the needs of the business providing advice and guidance on IT solutions
- Manage the environment dealing with all IT incidents, requests, enquiries and the rectification of underlying problems
- Build strong relationships between the service desk, business users and third party suppliers and manage the SLAs, standards and procedures
- Ensure delivery and/or resolution within agreed timescales
- Manage and develop a team of technical support staff
- Working knowledge of IT Project and Programme Management, IT Lifecycle, ITIL processes and IT infrastructure components.
- Working knowledge of technological/digital specialism.
- Familiar with appropriate project methodology.
- A broad understanding of the IT development lifecycle.
- Established stakeholder management experience.
- Experience of commercial supplier management, partnership approach.
- Experience of managing customer/stakeholder expectations in the pursuit of improved services and closer working relationships.
- Knowledge of the principles for maintaining a large and complex IT estate and the associated risks.
- Familiar with research techniques for identifying, gathering and validating customer’s needs
- Experience of commercial supplier management, partnership approach
- Experience of managing customer/stakeholder expectations
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Project skills, including experience in planning and effective time management.
- Effective stakeholder engagement and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- The ability to analyse data, recognise problems and formulate solutions.
- Understanding techniques of team and collaborative working.
- Ability to use methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations, either face to face or online.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate risks, priorities and business benefits, leveraging strong business experience/knowledge.
- An inspirational team leader committed to inclusivity and team success
- Innovative and creative; able to bring fresh new ideas to the table
- Responsible and accountable
What my client needs is a Service Desk Manager who can both promote the service and develop the team. If you are looking for your next role and this is you, don’t hesitate to contact Keith Wilkins today – even if it’s just for an informal chat. Or send your CV in for review at the earliest opportunity.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role