$75-100,000 + corporate benefits
10 months ago
The Service Desk Manager post is a new role, reporting to the CTO, created to manage and evolve the Service Desk function. As a key member of the IT team, working closely with other IT leaders and heads of business units across a wide variety of user-facing technology projects. You will be defining a service strategy and refining existing standards and procedures, focusing on service excellence, user enablement and continuous improvement, and own the service management process, including SLAs, escalation, status reporting, and knowledge base.
Our client is a Boston-based investment firm that has been operating for over 20 years and is continuing to grow in size, reputation and standards of professionalism
- Manage the Service Desk team (staff of 3) and the Service Desk process
- Mentor the team while also being an expert practitioner (player/coach model)
- Responsible for all installation, configuration and maintenance of user-facing technology, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, desktop software, telephony and AV equipment
- Provide exceptional, white-glove IT support to the firm
- Oversee and prioritize the request queue, ensuring the correct resources are engaged in resolving issues.
- Focus on identifying trends and root causes, and address those appropriately
- Prioritize user needs, while maintaining an appropriate cybersecurity and compliance posture
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and evolve the team and process as necessary. Leverage Service Desk metrics and reports to measure impact and make further improvement recommendations
- Identify appropriate training/educational needs for Service Desk Specialists
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- B.Sc or equivalent degree
- 7+ years of help desk experience, at least 2 in a manager or lead role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint and Windows 10
- Hands-on experience with mobile device management (IOS) and BYOD
- Familiarity with Service Desk / request tracking software
- General knowledge of various technology platforms, cybersecurity and application development
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a good measure of ingenuity
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
Candidates MUST be already eligible to live and work in the USA for this role.
To find out more about this challenging and hugely rewarding role, please contact Keith Wilkins via email@example.com.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.