£50,000 - £60,000pa + bonus
almost 3 years ago
Would you like to be an effective Service Desk Manager within an established business that has been averaging great year on year growth, has excellent staff retention rates and offers a challenging and rewarding environment to work in?
About the business:
- Managed Service Provider already well on its way to becoming the largest and most influential technology partner for SMEs in the South East.
- Influential partnerships with Microsoft, HP, VMWare, Sophos, Dell / Dell SonicWALL, Avaya etc – has a global voice and recah
- averaging significant year on year growth
- low staff and customer churn rates coupled
- successful acquisition and growth strategy
- a challenging and rewarding environment to work in
- offering a strong possibility of a directorship arising from success in this role.
About the role:
- overall responsibility for the delivery of support services to all clients across all regional offices
- an opportunity to take an already established (and successful) technical support team to new heights
- supported in introducing pioneering new methods of delivering support to existing and new customers.
- within a growing business, working with talented individuals with both a passion for business technology and a completely customer centric approach
- reports directly to the Operations Director
- requires clear communication, co-ordination and management to ensure clients expectations and contractual obligations are maintained
- 6-7 direct reports; 35-40 in team
- Supporting and International and National customer base
- needs someone who is cool under pressure and makes firm decisions based on common sense and judgement in difficult situations. Always looking at ways to become more efficient and profitable.
- Minimum of three years’ management experience at similar level (20 staff or above)
- Leadership experience in support roles and the ability to lead and manage other leaders and managers (both up and down)
- Proven managerial experience, coordinating various work streams across connected teams
- Solid experience leading, influencing and motivating 1st and 2nd line technical support teams
- Proven background in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good negotiating, interpersonal skills
- Awareness of new and evolving technologies
- ITIL qualified with the ability to demonstrate sound understanding of service management principles
- Pioneering technology and process to become more profitable, efficient and standard setting
- Management of all support staff
- Ensuring all SLA obligations are met in delivery of above services.
- Commercial support (to Operations Director) and recommendation for support and contractual functions
- Arrangement and support training
- Liaising with the sales and account management teams in order to understand the needs of the business and its customers
- Recommendation of new technical procedures and products
- Anything else that is required to achieve the department’ vision of delivering world class technical support and customer service
- You will be the glue that holds everything together and energy that motivates staff and works on continuous improvement.
This is a business with a work hard/play hard culture and needs a strong, experienced Service Desk Manager to fulfil the role. The role reports directly to the Head of IT Service Management who is looking for a ‘ballsy’ but considerate SDM who excels at getting the best out of his/her team.
My client is offering a dynamic, professional and challenging working environment and will reward the successful candidate with a competitive salary/benefits and a superb working environment
To find about more about this role, call Keith Wilkins today for an informal chat or send through your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.