£27,000 - £29,000 + corporate benefits
9 months ago
My client is a leading global media company, paving the way for premium video streaming distribution for live and on-demand content across the entertainment and sports industries and works as a trusted delivery partner to the world’s largest sports and entertainment brands.
If you are looking for a work environment that that is fast paced, fun and focused on innovation then it could be time for you to join of the most innovative broadcast media teams in the world who delivered over 55,000 live events in 2018 alone. The role is based in London EC1.
Level 2 Support Specialist to provide support across a range of issues from live events to platform configuration. Due to the nature of the business being 24/7/365, there will be varied working hours, including weekends and bank holidays. The role has the advantage of a 4 day working week.
To fulfil this hugely rewarding role, you’ll have the following skills and experience:-
- Knowledge of streaming of OTT video and audio delivery including codecs, frame rate, bitrate, and resolution settings Understanding of content ingestion workflows and CMS
- Experience with web technology, database, computer networking a plus
- Good knowledge of APIs and how they work
- Knowledge of CDN (Content delivery network)
- Problem determination and analytical skills critical to success
- Time management and high attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner.
- Eager to learn
- Proactive in your working environment
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at any one time
- Able to explain technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand manner.
- Passionate about online Digital media
- Tech savvy
- Work through internal/external streaming, VOD and general queries effectively.
- Provide fast and accurate diagnosis of escalated video and audio issues
- Provide guidance on technical issues experienced by clients and internal stakeholders
- Document runbooks
- Assist with issues on clients LIVE and VOD content
- Taking down illegal streams reported internally or externally
- Assist in keeping high overall uptime of streaming equipment and linear channels in AMER, EMEA and APAC
- Identify and implement remedial actions post incidents including relaying status updates to wider internal stakeholders.
- Identify and escalate possible code issues across all supported platforms
- Assist with testing and training during client onboarding
For further information and an initial discussion about this role which is offering a superb career development opportunity in (media) technical support, please call Keith Wilkins today or send your CV for review.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in regard to this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team - Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role