Great People deliver Great Service - we deliver Great People.
The right team is the crucial element for dealing with the increasing pressure placed on IT Business Services to deliver. And we’re aware of just how much precious time it takes to put together a superstar team.
Our main commitment is to understand your business and the best thing we can do is ask questions and listen. We’re not generalist IT recruiters trying to be ‘all things to all men’ – we’re experts at technical service desk and infrastructure support. We just stick to what we’re good at.
We believe that people are at the heart of technology. People develop systems, define processes, use tools and support the tech and users alike. We successfully match people with the role, the team and the company.
We deliver the right person for your organisation - no fuss; no over-promising and no under-delivering; just great people and great service.
We have a single aim: providing the right people for the right role.
We could not do this without our own set of professional standards:
- Our ethical process begins with the decision to accept an assignment. We never accept a role that we do not feel we will be able to fill with the strongest candidate. At best, this is a waste of everyone’s time, and at worst it could be disastrous for an individual’s career, your organisation and our reputation.
- Is the job description/personal specification a true reflection of the role? We invest considerable time understanding a requirement to ensure we attract the right people. This includes a thorough analysis of the job description and an assessment of all influencing factors, including the potential for growth, the workplace culture and team dynamics.
- We examine the qualifications/eligibility criteria for the role – is it a wide range or relatively narrow? The former may need narrowing down and being too specific reduces the candidate pool and may also mean potentially excluding or discriminating against otherwise qualified individuals.
- In a candidate driven market, we work hard to ‘sell’ a role to a potential candidate but will never misrepresent the company, the scope and difficulty of the role, the remuneration or any other key components. We are always aware of your employer brand
- We present clients with a comprehensive candidate profile including the individual’s motivation, strengths, weaknesses and aspirations.
- Recognising that attending an interview can be a very stressful process, we give all candidates a wealth of pre-interview support including interview techniques, comprehensive company background, team structure etc., all of which allows a candidate to perform as confidently as possible and allows them to truly represent themselves.
- We remain active and available, throughout the lifespan of the search.
- Our internal practices are reviewed regularly to ensure transparency and fairness.
"I hope to work with Karyn and her team again"
"Karyn went above and beyond with my CV and application"
"I would like to thank my recruiter who was amazing at lifting my confidence and making me feel like I had a chance. It was such a nice change in comparison to other recruitment agencies where they make the initial contact with me and I never hear back"
"Karyn was amazing every step of the way, answering all of my questions before my interview, creating my profile to send to the employer and even reviewing my CV with me. Simply Excellent"
"Keith has an excellent reputation in screening and identifying the best candidates to fill vacancies in leading companies.He can be trusted to deliver on his promises, his integrity is beyond reproach and I have no hesistation in commending him"
"I would highly recommend avocet to everyone. The best recruitment experience I have ever had in my entire career. Total dedication to finding the right job for the individual. Consistent contact, encouragement, arranging interviews with prospects, making sure you have a clear insight into the company, following up on interviews for me, to me and the company. Especially a big thank you to Keith who walked me through every step, who guided me into a new career after being in the same establishment for over 16 years with only one interview. Good luck to all who seek work!"
"The standard of CVs we receive are better than any of the recruitment companies we have used in the past and the customer service is also far superior. Avocet have helped us recruit more efficently"
“In my long experience, of dealing with hundreds of recruitment consultants (mostly as a candidate) I can honestly say that I found Keith to be the best. It’s not often, in the contracting world, for someone to take an interest in, and actively support, a candidate’s personal and professional development: yet Keith achieves this effortlessly. He always takes a great deal of time to ensure that candidates are the right match for a client and actively monitors feedback on both sides to ensure that all parties are happy with the fit, a long time after most consultants stop calling. I can attest that Keith’s top priority is quality over quantity and he delivers value to his clients whilst finding the best rates for his many happy candidates. I would, and have, recommended Keith’s personable service to clients and candidates alike, and would not hesitate to collaborate with him again in the future.”
“Having worked with Avocet for a number of years, they have always been a beacon of stability and continuity in what is a constantly evolving and sometimes turbulent recruitment market. Their focus on understanding our working environment, culture and personnel needs has set them apart from their competitors….and has resulted in them providing my organisation with a considerable number of high-quality recruits over the years.”
“I have used many recruitment companies over the years and have always found them to be consistently inconsistent , but since working with Avocet Ihave nothing but praise. I have received a consistently high quality of service, been presented with a good standard of candidates that have fitted the brief and always felt that Avocet and Keith have understood what our Service Desk is about.”
“I have worked with Keith for 10 years now in a number of organisations. During this time Keith has always provided a professional service. They have taken the time to understand the requirements for the role and then supplied candidates suitable for interview. I would have no hesitation in recommending Keith to provide recruitment services. Thanks Keith and here’s to another 10 years.”
“I have been deeply impressed by your access to Candidates with such a great fit to our requirements. Next time we have a need in this space you can rest assured I’ll be straight on the ‘phone.”
“Karyn is such as star, I have never dealt with a better recruitment consultant that actually cares about the candidate at hand and uplifts them when in doubt as well as boost their confidence. She will always be my top consultant for life!”
“Undoubtedly the best experience I have ever had with a recruitment agency. They are easy to deal with and provided good feedback and help along the way. I have recommended them to many friends and clients and will definitely be using them again and again in the future.”