To £23,000 + benefits + training
4 months ago
2nd Line Support Analyst – Chelmsford
This post is based in Chelmsford specifically within the 2nd line support area for the Further and Higher Education Business Unit. Key areas of responsibility will be to help customers with any queries or problems and to ensure that they receive a high-quality support service in accordance with their software maintenance contract, whilst adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures. You will be expected to liaise with colleagues in Development, Professional Services, Managed Services and Account Management to ensure that callers receive a first-class Support Desk service in accordance with any software maintenance contract in place.
Reporting to – Service Desk Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure all calls are cleared as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Keep the client informed at all times of the progress of their support call and manage their expectations.
- Follow all calls through to their satisfactory conclusion as agreed by the client.
- To document all communications and actions pertaining to logged calls.
- Develop and maintain sufficient technical skills to guide and advise clients in matters relating to the installation, customisation and operation of F&HE software suite.
- Use judgement as to whether client requests fall under their maintenance contract and to escalate appropriately if not.
- Ensure that the Service Desk Manager is kept appraised with any issues that may impact client satisfaction and service levels.
- Where appropriate, document and request fixes and enhancements to the products, test any enhancements and supply to client.
- Contribute to the UNIT-e software release lifecycle. Review and test the upgrade process and documentation of new releases.
- Administration, distribution and maintenance of licence inventories; assist with annual maintenance process.
- To work in a systematic manner in accordance with the Company's standard procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties of a similar nature as may be required from time to time by the Company.
- Ability to problem solve within a technical environment.
- Customer service experience – must be customer focussed with excellent communication skills and happy to be customer facing.
- Strong personal development and motivational skills – required to be flexible, positive and have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be patient, diplomatic and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative.
- Good IT skills
- Prior experience of supporting complex software applications.
- Experience or prior knowledge of the Further and Higher Education software sector
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle / SQL Server) and the concepts behind them
- Microsoft Technologies: Windows Servers Active Directory Administration, IIS, SQL Server Administration, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SharePoint, Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of company F&HE processes and knowledge of the F&HE environment