3 months ago
My client is looking for an experienced Service Delivery Manager who can expertly manage the Holy Trinity of service desks: the people; the processes; and the technology. The role calls for an individual who has both a nurturing approach to lead an existing team and the ability to manage and improve an environment that has been lacking direction and purpose for a while.
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background combined with delivering an excellent customer service experience. You will need a proactive approach, a problem-solving attitude, and strong motivational skills.
The Service portfolio covers IT service management, Customer Support for a bespoke application, client account management and consultancy, applications, systems, and end-user device support.
Working in the Management Team, the SDM will lead the day-to-day operation of the IT service desk, which supports an external client base utilising the company’s bespoke software application. You will be able to lead the technical support analysts who serve the customers, focus on continual improvement, and ensure that the team develops and maintains a level of excellence in customer experience, retention, and satisfaction.
- To design, implement and manage all service delivery operational processes and procedures in line with the needs of the business, providing advice and guidance on IT solutions
- Manage and motivate the team through performance coaching, career development and team leadership.
- Become an ambassador for the Service Desk and company.
You will be:
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service
- An inspirational leader committed to team success
- Innovative and creative; able to bring fresh new ideas to the table
- An excellent communicator with good written and interpersonal skills to develop relationships with people at all levels
- Consistent, supportive, proactive, and flexible in the way you deliver
- Positive, and energetic and take pride in your success and that of others around you
- Responsible and accountable
- Proven track record of IT Service Desk Management
- Experience of configuring and operating ITSM tools
- Launching or re-launching the Service Desk as part of a transformation
- Previously managed implementations and upgrades in a service delivery environment
- Managing an ITIL based Service Desk, implementing, and following best practice
- Management of a team of Technical Support Analysts (1st/2nd line)
- Managing, developing, motivating, and mentoring staff
- Management, development and maintenance of effective customer and business relationships, and delivering service improvements
- Service budget management
- Strong leadership and resource management skills in a technical support environment
- Team management and development - local and home-based team members
- Experience of process design and management
- Development and maintenance of effective customer and business relationships, and delivering service improvements
- Practical experience of Continuous improvement in a Service Delivery environment
- ITIL Foundation Certified or demonstrable working knowledge of ITIL
What my client needs is an experienced and inspiring individual who can ‘steady the ship and set a new course’.
If you are looking for your next career opportunity and this is you, don’t hesitate to contact Keith Wilkins today – even if it is just for an informal chat. Or send your CV in for review at the earliest opportunity.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is acting as an employment agency regarding this role.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team –
Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role