To £44,500 + bens
26 days ago
My client is looking to employ an experienced Service Manager with a strong bias towards cyber security to lead, direct and develop the cyber security team and be responsible for the provision, management and security of all of the organisation’s cyber security toolsets.
Candidates will have a mix of working from home and once permitted, occasionally working from the office based Thurrock or Colchester, Essex.
A challenging role in a dynamic environment, this role offers variety, responsibility and the chance to deliver against both BAU and project targets. The services to be managed and monitored include – but are not limited to - anti-virus technologies, patching, firewalls, DevOps, O365, Azure and Power Platform. The post-holder will ensure that all cyber incidents and logged and responded to in an appropriate and timely manner and will work closely with the Head of Infrastructure.
Duties will include:
- Engage with 3rd party and in-house suppliers to ensure that technical requirements and service reporting are in line with cyber policy and processes
- Ensure the recording and remediation of all Cyber Security related incidents.
- Accountable for ensuring cyber security is appropriately embedded within all technical projects.
- Proven leadership of a technical team to be both a technical escalation point for direct reports and a management escalation point for strategic and operational decisions.
- Lead the team to ensure an effective and timely response to any perceived or actual cyber threat.
- Experience of DevOps Strategy, Desktop Automation, O365, Azure and Power Platform.
- Maintain nationally recognised Cyber Security qualifications, keeping abreast of the ever evolving Cyber Security world
- Maintain relationships with interfacing business functions and other IT functions
- Implement escalation procedures as appropriate
- Responsibility for identifying the cyber security requirements for efficient and cost-effective IT services
- To develop, test and improve the performance of the IT Service Continuity, disaster recovery systems and processes and ensure adherence to the processes developed.
- To investigate new technologies and advise the Head of Infrastructure, Cyber & Systems on how Cyber Security can be improved.
- To manage the provision of appropriate intrusion detection and prevention
- To develop and enforce the Network Security Policy.
- Provide innovative advice on the adoption of new software and hardware technologies
- To ensure all Network infrastructure is maintained to an appropriate level to ensure the development, availability and security of the Network infrastructure.
- To plan, develop, implement, document and review policies, procedures and processes to improve cyber security.
If you are an experienced technical manager with excellent service delivery experience and network security knowledge who is looking to work in a collaborative environment, then we would love to hear from you. To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.